Tuesday, July 12, 2016

windows server 2008 - Can connect through SSTP but not PPTP?



I have a window server 2008 r2 box behind a a Netgear AC1750 router. I've set up RRAS for a VPN and can successfully connect using SSTP, but if I try to connect to the VPN using PPTP I get a timeout error. I don't have an error message on my devices, it just says timeout. I've got 20 open PPTP ports in RRAS, on my router I've got port 1723 open, and my server firewall is allowing 1723 and protocol 47. So what gives? I feel like I'm missing something simple here, and I'd like to be able to connect my android devices to the VPN but I'm stuck on this, any help is appreciated.


Answer



Sadly, it appears the Netgear AC1750 does not support PPTP Passthrough or PPTP NAT Traversal.



Neither is mentioned in the documentation and this comparison says so explicitly:



http://routers.findthebest.com/compare/1-43/ASUS-RT-AC66U-802-11ac-vs-NetGear-AC-1750-R6300



No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...