Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Windows 7 won't boot (encrypted with Truecrypt 7.1a)

How the problem occured:
My laptop randomly shut's down (probably overheated).
After the last shutdown it could not boot windows anymore
I could choose to use startuprepair or start windows normally


What i tried:
I tried to use Windows Startup Repair which couldn't solve it.
I viewed the detail post of it and everything went succesfull without the last part. the errorcod was something like "boot??? 0x490"


So i googled that errorcode and followed these step's on this site:
http://tipsandtricksforum.com/thread-201.html?PageSpeed=noscript


Now i can't even choose startuprepaird or start windows normally.
I think i damaged the boot section with these commands, since it's encrypted with Truecrypt.


Can i revert this commands? If not can i still save my files?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...