Saturday, December 31, 2016

sql server - What to store on ephemeral drive? (windows ec2 + sql)

I have an EBS-backed Windows EC2 server with an additional ephemeral drive (aka "instance store") which is really fast (SSD). The instance runs an IIS website + SQL Server



What can I move to the instance-store to fasten things up?




Currently I have moved:




  • "TempDB" database for SQL server

  • Non-crucial (temporary) backups

  • Swap-file



What else can I move to the ephemeral drive to fasten things up? Windows TEMP folder? IIS logs? Would love the ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...