Friday, January 27, 2017

windows server 2012 - Why can I not see a Computers GPO in my GPMC? How can I force a GP update without a Computers GPO?

This is not a duplicate. This question is much more detailed than "What is group policy". Mods need to be a little less aggressive around here.



I'd like to push out a Windows Firewall: Allow remote administration exception properties group policy to all computers connected to my DC. The instructions from MS are here, the relevant line is "Right-click the selected OU, and click Group Policy Update…". If I try to update the Users GPO it says there are no computer objects. If I try to add a "Computers" object, it says it already exists. The only thing in the tree that I can update is the Domain Controllers object; that doesn't seem right.



It's very confusing. If I can't add it, how come I can't see it? I don't have any filters turned on.



The whole point of this is to be able to force a GP update on all computers in the domain. The instructions that I linked imply that I can do that via the GPMC but I don't see any way to accomplish that.



GPMC tree

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...