Sunday, June 18, 2017

domain name system - DHCP and DNS on none AD 2003 Server PTR is updating but no A records

I have a strange issue, I have a DHCP and DNS server running in a non AD environment, on Windows 2003 server. I setup DHCP to update DNS A and PTR records even if the client doesnt request it, but I only see PTR records updated, the A records are not created at all. The domain is "local" forward zone is called "local" and in the option 15 set to "local" (actual name) the PTR records are created with the right name (example: win64_ent.local), What am I missing here ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...