Sunday, January 12, 2020

centos - Access linux machine by hostname within LAN?

I have a LAN setup with a bunch of windows and linux boxes. The LAN is built on top of the AT&T DSL Router. I don't have any type of DNS Server running. All the windows machines can identify themselves by machine name over the network. Even a Linux NAS box can also be accessible by machine name. However, I recently built a CentOS linux box and I want it to be accessible by machine name. I've tried setting the hostname but it does not work. Can someone help me with this problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...