Wednesday, September 24, 2014

FTP proxy with SSL support

I have a bunch of LXC containers with vsftpd daemon installed on each. I would like to forward/proxy traffic from dom0 server port 21 to particular containers based on ftp user name e.g. user@domain.com or domain part to be more precise.



I tried to use ftp-proxy and it works perfectly but no SSL support. Frox has SSL support but only between proxy and ftpd server.




I found that squid can do FTP and SSL but I have never done anything with squid and I cannot tell if it's suitable. Maybe you could provide me with information in that matter or give any other idea?



Eventually I will end up with multiple iptables DNAT's pointing directly to containers' vsftpd daemon but common port 21 would look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...