Monday, May 25, 2015

power supply - Is My PSU compatible with this UPS


I have this PSU and this UPS, however due to the PSU being/having an active PFC (power factor correction) it is incompatible with my UPS (at least according to APC tech support, for reference see my answer to this question


Now I'm thinking of changing my UPS to this (same brand with my PSU) however I am not sure if they are compatible. I already emailed FSP support but they are taking long to reply. I was wondering maybe someone here can answer my question. Thanks.


Answer



APC support is full of it. There may be some badly behaved power supplies out there, but most quality supplies these days have PFC and work just fine with a UPS. In any case, it is only an issue while running from the battery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...