Saturday, May 23, 2015

Remap Windows-Key on Apple USB Keyboard


I'm using a wired Apple-USB-Keyboard on my Windows 10 Notebook: Apple Keyboard


On the Apple-Keyboard, the Alt and Command Keys (= Windows Key) are switched. The bottom row is


Ctrl | Alt | Cmd (Win) | Space | Cmd (Win) | Alt | Ctrl


I'd like to remap them only on the USB Keyboard, so the Layout is similar to my Notebook's Layout:


Ctrl | Cmd (Win) | Alt | Space | Alt | Cmd (Win) | Ctrl


Tools I'v tried:


I don't want to remap my Notebook-Keyboard too, only the Apple-USB-Keyboard. Is there a tool I can use, with which I can remap a USB Keyboard's keys?


If not: Is there a way with which I can switch (custom) keyboard layouts, e.g. via icon in the taskbar?


Answer



Use macros. This doesn't completely solve the issue and it may be a little delayed, but it does the job. AutoHotKey would be a great solution, and you can just disable the macro when you are using the notebook keyboard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...