Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Permanently mount network share without the need for log on? (Windows)

On a Windows 2008 R2 Server (Standard) I need to have a network drive mounted without having a specific user to log on to the machine first. Sort of like an NFS mount via fstab on Unix machines. The network drive will be a share via a BlackArmor (Seagate) appliance (which I presume runs Samba). The appliance can be a member of the domain if needed.



So far I have tried using Edit Group Policy -> Configuration -> Windows -> Scripts -> Startup where I had it execute



net use x: \\server\share /user:username password


With no success. Upon login the network drive was seen on Windows Explorer as a disconnected network drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...