Thursday, February 25, 2016

vmware esxi - Boot from SD card on Gen8 DL360

I'm attempting to get VMWare ESXi running from an SD card on an eBay purchased DL360 Gen8. I'm guessing that the firmware is probably out of date (iLO 4 - v2.50).



The only options I have in boot are USB storage device (which I guess the internal SD card might fall into that category).



The question is, could this be firmware related and if so where do I find the correct firmware to update via the iLO web interface. The HPE support site seems to list only firmware which is updated via a host OS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...