Thursday, February 18, 2016

filesystems - mke2fs says "Device or resource busy while setting up superblock"

I'm trying to test restoring a backed up linux file system /apps (ext3 filesystem)



/dev/cciss/c0d0p7     177G  3.8G  164G   3% /apps


I ran the following command to take a dump:



/sbin/dump -0uz -f /backup_labeir1/apps.dmp /apps



Then I deleted the /apps folder:



rm -rf /apps


And unmounted it:



umount -l /apps



Next I'm trying to make the file-system



mke2fs -j -b 4096 -L data /dev/cciss/c0d0p7


after which I'm planning to do the below steps:



# mkdir /apps

# mount -t ext3 /dev/cciss/c0d0p7 /apps
# cd /apps
# restore -rf /backup_labeir1/apps.dmp .
# reboot


I've 2 questions:




  1. Are my testing steps correct


  2. When I run the below I get the error:
    [root@labeir2 backup_labeir1]# mke2fs -F -j -b 4096 -L data /dev/cciss/c0d0p7
    mke2fs 1.39 (29-May-2006)
    /dev/cciss/c0d0p7 is apparently in use by the system; mke2fs forced anyway.
    /dev/cciss/c0d0p7: Device or resource busy while setting up superblock



But neither the filesystem is mounted nor lsof shows me any output:



 lsof | grep /dev/cciss/c0d0p7

lsof /dev/cciss/c0d0p7


Please help me resolve this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...