Sunday, March 27, 2016

osx snow leopard - sniffing vmnet8 on VMware fusion and OSX 10.6

I'm currently using VMWare Fusion on Mac OSX and I have a VM running. In order to sniff out the network traffic I ran the following as root :-



$ /Library/Application\ Support/VMware\ Fusion/vmnet-sniffer vmnet8 -w login.pcap -e



However, a file named login.pcap is not created - Is there something obvious that I'm doing wrong?



P.S. I've tagged this as "vmware-workstation" as I could not find appropriate tags. I would love to have used "vmnet8", "vmware-fusion".

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...