Friday, April 26, 2019

raid - SSA configured RAID1 array not visible in CentOS7 installation

I have a ProLiant ML30 Gen9 server with an hardware raid adapter that I can configure using HP's "Smart Storage Administrator" (SSA) tool. I have defined my two 1TB drives to be in a RAID1 setup as a logical drive and enabled the primary boot on them.



However, if I start the CentOS7 installation, I can still select /dev/sda and /dev/sdb as installation medium, where I would expect only one (logical, mirrored, raid) drive.



update It is a Smart Array B140i. I have tried to load drivers, but they either lock up the install, cannot be loaded or do not return the array in the install. I spent an hour with HP support (which could only tell me to reset to defaults and get me links I already found).



What am I doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...