Tuesday, April 9, 2019

windows - How to send ctrl+alt+del using Remote Desktop?



How can I send ctrl+alt+del to a remote computer over Remote Desktop?



For example, if I wanted to change the local admin password on a remote PC using a Remote Desktop connection, it would be helpful to be able to send the ctrl+alt+del key sequence to the remote computer.



I would normally do this by pressing ctrl+alt+del and selecting the change password option. But I can't send ctrl+alt+del using Remote Desktop since this "special" key series is always handled by the local client.


Answer



ctrl+alt+end is the prescribed way to do this.




Coding Horror has some other shortcuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...