Saturday, February 21, 2015

Disable Auto-Restart Prompt after Windows Update (in Windows Vista/7)



I've mastered how to disable/delay the Automatic Restart prompt after Windows Update deems it necessary to restart my computer in XP.



But, now I'm using both Windows 7 and Vista and that method no longer works. So far, I have not been able to circumvent the Restart Reminder popup that keeps telling me Restart or Postpone decision for 10 min/1 hour/4 hours (and then popping up again after that delay). Does anyone know how to delay that popup for something like a day (24 hours) or disable it completely?


Answer



Maybe this is the solution



http://techie-buzz.com/microblog/postpone-restart-after-windows-update.html




Download page here
http://apps.nozavi.com/downloads/viewcategory/5



Some more solutions in this thread
Disable restart after update prompt for server 2008 R2


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...