Friday, February 27, 2015

Individual user sessions in vmware esxi



I have a server with vmware esxi 5.5 installed. Basically, I've noticed when I use Vsphere client and logged in as root and another person uses Vsphere client and logged in as root on the same esx host, the person can see what I'm doing. Is there a way to setup private sessions? I'd like to be able to work on my vm's and another person working on his vm as well without us looking at each others vm setup. Highly appreciate any advice. Thank you.


Answer




if the user wants to look into the vm I am using, I can see on top of the screen that there are two active users on the vm. I was hoping there would be some way to have individual private console sessions for each user logging into esx via vsphere client





There's an advanced option that might help you but it's per VM: Prevent Users from Spying on Remote Console Sessions



I don't know any other way.



Btw: You're talking about two persons logged in as root. In that case you don't have two active users, you have one user (root) with two sessions. However, with RemoteDisplay.maxConnections=1 you can limit the number of console sessions to one; another root session can't open one because then there would be two console sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...