Tuesday, February 24, 2015

drivers - Strange keyboard media key behavior



The play/pause/stop buttons work fine on Google Play music (web client), but not in Windows Media Player or Groove. This problem occurs independent of the keyboard. My USB and laptop keyboards have identical behavior. All other buttons on the keyboards work as designed (volume control, mute, calculator, home page, etc.)




What I've tried:




  • I've deleted and re-installed all keyboards in the Device Manager

  • Human Interface Device service is running and set to automatically start



Is there some driver specific to just those specific playback functions that I'm missing on my machine? And why would Google Music on the web still function properly?


Answer




I found the solution! My Google Music Chrome extension was working great because it was eating the media key events. Once I un-installed the extension, the other media applications could get the media key events. I found the answer here on a Spotify forum:



Media Keys No Longer Work


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...