Tuesday, February 24, 2015

windows - Troubleshoot High CPU usage by the "System" process

I have noticed that from some time my system is freezing and its probably caused by the high CPU usage which is caused by the system process.


All applications I'm running is the Skype, TeamSpeak and Chrome so it definitely shouldnt eat that amount of CPU.


You can see the problem itself and running processes in the screenshot below:


enter image description here


Sometimes CPU usage is reaching 90%, but the average usage is like 40-65%.


My PC parameters:



  • Windows 8 (customer preview)

  • Intel Core i3 - 2350M

  • 8 GB RAM


I'd appreciate any help attempt!
Regards.


--UPDATE--


As the user below posted a great answer, I have noticed that the process that is eating the most CPU in the system is called Arthurx.sys, simple google tells that it's a TPLink driver (an wifi adapter, I have bought like 2 weeks ago!) drivers has been installed from the Windows MSDN, but also tried to install the drivers from the attached CD, but it doesn't help. From the system start, it is using like 5% of the CPU only, but after 2-4 hours of working it is growing up and reaching 40-60% of the CPU usage.


Device name: TPLink WN722N

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...