Sunday, August 23, 2015

hp pavilion - Laptop quit charging, needs new charger but which one?

I have an HP Pavilion g6-2211nr I got it about 2 years ago. This last couple of months i havent been able to use it because It stopped charging. For a while It would if i held the cable a certain way but if i bumped it in the slightest it would stop charging. then it died and it wouldn't turn back on. I consulted hhgregg with the warranty and they shipped me a new battery. it turns on now and it works but the charger wont charge it at all. The charger is not covered in the warranty so i need to buy a new one. this happened earlier in the year while i still had my warranty with HP and they fixed it and replaced the charger and battery then too. That was about 4 months after I bought the laptop. But now my question is what charger is safe with it? the one i have now is (65w 19.5v 3.33a) I've looked online for a new one and the ones compatible with my laptop are (65w 18.5v and it varies with the amps) Is it okay to use those ones even though its lower? I did find one however that is 19.5v but Could they have given me the wrong charger and maybe thats why it stopped charging the second time? I need a charger soon but i dont want to get the wrong one and mess up my laptop further. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...