Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Uninstall apparently hidden Windows Updates


I need to uninstall some Flash updates which left me unable to debug the Flex application I'm working on.


I went to the updates history in Windows Update and got the KB numbers of those updates, but that view doesn't let me uninstall, just check details. From the installed updates view I can uninstall updates, but those KB numbers or the update names do not appear.


I checked in the Microsoft site for those specific KB numbers and they instruct to run the independent installer with an argument (/x and /uninst) but that .exe seems to ignore the argument and install it again.


How can I uninstall those updates?


KB3001237
KB3004150
KB3079777
KB3087916

Answer



The actual problem was that even though I passed the argument to uninstall, the software kept telling me it was installing, but it was really uninstalling. I attribute that to the fact that I'm using Windows in Spanish and the translation is probably not right. It worked by just uninstalling KB3087916.


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...