Monday, August 31, 2015

hardware failure - Unable to create a Windows 7 system image of a failing hard drive

The hard disk of my one year old T400 Thinkpad has started failing periodic hardware tests. I get a "Targeted Read Test Failed" error. The "SMART short self test" times out.



I am now trying to create a Windows 7 System image of the hard disk but it fails without giving any specific error messages. I tried using Comodo Backup but got an error (code 101117) there as well.



I have copied the important files in Dropbox but would like to take a full System backup as I have plenty of software installed on the machine.



Does anyone know why this is happening and how I can take a backup of the system image ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...