Monday, August 31, 2015

windows - How do I open a second Skype instance with a Batch file?



I want to launch a 2nd Skype instance from a Batch file.

I have done that successfully with the run window:



"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\skype.exe" /secondary


But for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do the same from a Batch file. Here is a list of my failed attempts:




  1. Nothing happens here. Command window opens and stays open:




    start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\skype.exe /secondary"


  2. Command window opens and closes:



    start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\skype.exe" /secondary


  3. Error message "Secondary does not exist"



    start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\skype.exe" "/secondary"




What am I doing wrong?



Answer



Don't use the "start" command.



"C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\skype.exe" /secondary


----- edit -----



or




start "Some Title" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\skype.exe" /secondary


The title is required.


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...