Tuesday, August 25, 2015

linux - How to I create an open smb share on a Windows 7 box?

I have a Windows 7 (Home Premium if that matters) box witch I want to set up a SMB share on for a network media player to play videos from. Ideally I would like this to be open so it can be copied into from any computer on the network (both MacOS and Linux).


Following this http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-xp/ I've chosen the option to "Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders.". However when I try to write to smb://winbox/videos/ (assuming that is the Public Video folder) on Linux it gives me a Permission denied (Linux can read the files).


How to I set up an smb share on Windows 7 that can be written to by Linux/MacOS?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...