Thursday, August 13, 2015

power supply - charging laptop with a different adapter charger






I have lost this adapter,



  • Output Voltage: 19V

  • Output Current: 3.95A

  • Input Voltage: 100-240V

  • Wattage : 75W

  • Pin Size: 5.5mm Outer x 2.5mm internal


But I have this one,



  • Output: DC19V 3.42A

  • Power: 65W Max


Can I use the second adapter instead of first one?


Answer



Hmm - possibly. Assuming the connector is the same size and polarity, it should be absolutely OK to charge when the laptop is powered off, but if in use and under heavy load then this might put a strain on the adapter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...