Friday, November 28, 2014

amd radeon - Can I delete amdkmpfd.ini package in Windows 10?

I am having a dell-inspiron-15r-7520(SE) Laptop.
The laptop is currently running Windows 10 Version 1511 OS Build 10586.1176.
The laptop comes with AMD Radeon HD 7730M discrete graphics card.


My problem is I cant Update my laptop to newer version as Update fails cause of AMD Radeon Driver.


I have disabled installation of Device & driver from multiple places including
"Group Policy" & "Registry", post which I Disabled & Uninstalled the device & driver respectively.
But on the next reboot the device get re-installed.
So I downloaded RAPR.exe and checked that even after Un-Installing everything still one package remains amdkmpfd.ini.
I think this is the local package through which the System is able to recognize & re-install the device.


PS:-
I have already tried updating the driver to latest version but it didn't work,
Treid downloading the latest Drivers directly from AMD site but even it didn't work in both the cases Windows Update fails.


So my question is What if I remove the amdkmpfd.ini package?
Will my system become unstable cause I think its related to "Amdkmpfd.sys" which acts as a filter driver for the installed graphics card.


Link :- http://www.freefixer.com/library/file/amdkmpfd.sys-90599/

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...