Sunday, November 30, 2014

web server - Problem with file owner/group

I have files on my website which I need access to files on my server and they also need to be able to be edited by the webserver. Now with my current setup I cant seem to do that.



If the owner/group is imran:imran then I have full access to that file but my webserver cant seem to open/edit those file. Now I was told that I need to match the files owner/group with the ones the webserver uses, I had a look at files that the webserver created and they were nobody:nobody. So I changed my whole public_html owner/group to nobody:nobody because I simply had too many files in the folder which needed to be edited by the webserver and would take too long to change owner one by one. The webserver was able to edit it just fine after changing the owner but then I realized something.. now I cant even view the public_html folder.



Does anyone know whats the correct way to set the owners so that I have access as well as the webserver?



(This is on a WHM/cPanel powered server)

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...