Wednesday, November 26, 2014

windows 7 - Make computer shutdown if battery < 50%


My original Dell battery died after one year, and I made the mistake of buying a new one from eBay.


The new battery starts from 100% charged and after 5 minutes drops abruptly from 95% to ~9-10%. Sometimes the computer doesn't even have the time to shutdown safely because it remains without enough power (and because of this I recently had to repair my Windows setup)...


So until I get a new battery, how can I force Windows to shut down automatically if battery reports less than 50% charge?


Answer



Control Panel > Power Options > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings


Then expand the Battery > Low Battery options


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...