Sunday, November 30, 2014

Chrome - Are there any keyboard shortcuts to arrange tabs on windows?


Scenario:
I hit CTRL+T to open a new tab, but I don't want it as the right-most tab, I want to slide it a few to the left.


Can I do this using just the keyboard or do I have to use the mouse?


I can't see a shortcut here: Windows keyboard shortcuts - Chrome Help


Something like CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT would work nicely.


Answer



There aren't any built-in, but there are extensions that provides this functionality.


I'm now using this chrome extension (recommended): Rearrange Tabs


You do have to edit the settings by going to chrome://extensions/shortcuts and then changing the values as shown in this screen (if you want to match the Linux shortcuts).


How to customise your shortcuts


Happy days :)




Legacy extension (2015)


This is the original one (not updated since 2015): Keyboard Shortcuts to Reorder Tabs


You need to reload all tabs after installing it or it won't work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...