Wednesday, November 26, 2014

windows - Shrink C: with GParted

I tried to shrink the C: partition on my PC to make space for a GNU/Linux System. My Drive is GPT formatted and has these partition on it:




DISKPART> lis par

Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
Partition 1 Restore 450 MB 1024 KB
Partition 2 System 99 MB 451 MB
Partition 3 Reserved 16 MB 550 MB
Partition 4 Primary 464 GB 566 MB
Partition 5 Restore 505 MB 465 GB



When I try to shrink the Primary Partition, Windows tells me that I cannot shrink C, because there is no free space left.



Is it save to shrink C: with GParted from a Live GNU/Linux System or will I break something?



Edit: Can I also move the last Restore partition or is it required at that place?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...