Sunday, November 23, 2014

ubuntu - Why wont new hard drive use battery power?

I recently replaced the hard drive and the battery on my HP G62 laptop, Ubuntu 13.10 is installed on the drive. The machine will not boot on battery power, but works fine when plugged in.


When unplugged during use, it does not shut down or hibernate, it just cuts off. The computer recognizes the battery and charges it, but does not use it.


Is this something that can be fixed within the OS or with a new battery? The battery fits and supposedly works with the model laptop I have, but I did get it off amazon and not directly from HP.


When I was running windows 7 previous to the hard drive crash, the battery would drain and cut power, near the end without even warning it was low or going into hibernation before it cut. I thought this was due to the battery not being calibrated.


Is this because or did it cause some damage to the machine itself, that will cause issue no matter what battery/OS is used?


If so, can I continue to use it like a desktop on AC power? And would that harm the computer to have a fully charged LiIon battery in it constantly while it uses AC power?


Any advice is appreciated, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...