Thursday, November 27, 2014

sql server - Migrating data from SQLEXPRESS local DB to SQL Azure

I have a process that is importing data from CSV files to a local SQL Express DB, then I can use the SQL Server 2012 migration tool to migrate the database to SQL Azure (as described in http://bit.ly/WRPSZs). It works great for moving a database.



However, it's a bit of a pain when the data changes and I just want to freshen the DB. I tried changing my scripts that do this to just connect to the SQL Azure DB, but ran into the problem that SQL Azure apparently doesn't support BCP:



Msg 40526, Level 16, State 1, Server Xxxxxx, Line 37

'BULK' rowset provider not supported in this version of SQL Server.


So I'm back to importing to SQL Express, then dropping the DB, exporting it from SQL Express and then going and recreating the DB users and roles.



Anyone have a better way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...