Wednesday, November 26, 2014

partitioning - Seagate external hard disk cannot format and can not show in computer

I formatted my seagate external hard disk with NTFS using Ubuntu Disk Utility. After that it is bricked, and now I cannot see it as a hard disk in mac /ubuntu /windows, the device can be detected by computer.



Disk Details:
- Brand: seagate expansion portable drive
- Model: SRD00F1
- Serial: NA42Q8HM
- Size: 1TB



Problems:





  • when I set internal hard drive as first boot, the usb external drive, when plugged in, will make the computer failed to boot from internal hard drive.

  • diskpart and disk management can only work when they are open first and then plug in the usb hard drive, otherwise they will stuck. (see pics below)

  • sometimes when I plug in, the disk change to readonly and I follow this post, I didn't work for me.



I tried many times and also failed many times.
What should I do? Is there anyway to reset hard drive?



Related Images (sorry I don't have rights to post images)





  • [BIOS recognize usb hard disk]

  • [Disk management can see hard disk but stuck]

  • [Disk change to readonly]

  • [Diskpart can see the disk]

  • [Device Manager detect usb hard disk]

  • [diskpart list volume not work]

  • [change readonly fail]

No comments:

Post a Comment

linux - How to SSH to ec2 instance in VPC private subnet via NAT server

I have created a VPC in aws with a public subnet and a private subnet. The private subnet does not have direct access to external network. S...